Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"Wherefore, fear not even unto death; for in this world your joy is not full, but in me your joy is full".

As I reflect on the happenings of the last 24 hours I am so truly grateful for the Gospel and Plan of Salvation. Though there is sadness for the life taken, prayers for the people whose lives have been touched and changed forever, and upon the reflection on my own life, I am grateful to be assured that My Savior LIVES.

I have taken much of today to reflect on my life. Where I have been. Where I am going. I reflected on the things that I have done and the things that I want to do still. At 28 years old, much of life is still ahead of me. I realized that I have taken so much for granted over the years and I am at the point that I need to focus on what I have been given, work with what I have and move forward.

I think about the things that others will not be able to experience due to various circumstances, such as the loss of life at such a young age. And then I wonder when will it be my turn to experience these things? I think about how this young woman did not have the opportunity to marry in this life time. She did not have the opportunity to have a family. SO many things she did not have the chance to experience. It is one of my deepest desires to experience them before it is to late. Before I too pass to the other side.

In my day to day endeavors I meet people and I yearn for them to be happy. To feel and know the love Heavenly Father has for them. I want them to experience the truthfulness of the Gospel as I know it. I want them to be happy knowing that there is a Plan. That there is hope in tragedy and in sadness. Jesus Christ died so that we may live. I am filled with joy to know of the truth of the continuation of life hereafter.  In D&C 101:36 it states, "Wherefore, fear not even unto death; for in this world your joy is not full, but in me your joy is full".

No comments:

Post a Comment