So if you didn't know, I ended up on a last minute trip to El Paso for my Grandma's funeral. It was so hard because although I had family and friends supporting me at times I felt so alone during the whole thing. There were times that I wished I had someone there, holding my hand like I held hers for her last two days here on earth. The constant peace I received from Heavenly Father got me through however, and I am so very thankful for that.
When I returned back to Alaska after my week in El Paso to go see Grandma and be with my family. I had to face reality pretty quickly when I got back. I had three days of school left, plus two days of end of year duties all not knowing whether or not I had a job for next year. One of the next few days my principal tells me he should know soon whether or not I have a job. Seriously, he had to be kidding. It's the end of the year and we knew nothing. On Thursday as I have to pack up my room because I have not heard either way if I have a job or not I'm moaning and groaning under my breath. Finally about 2:30pm, I get a call from the secretary. She says she has Carl on the phone (the principal) and he tells me that I have a job still, at the same school. Although from the sounds of it, I will be in 1st grade instead of Kindergarten. I was just so happy to have a job, although at this point my room is all packed up, everything is off the walls, which is ok actually because I will be moving things around anyways for 1st grade!
Ok so the school year ends and I head out to Seattle for Memorial Day Weekend with Rayleen and some friends we meet up with there. It was a lot of fun. I even got to spend some time with my friend Shea whom I haven't seen in a few years. We had such a good time. I miss the city since I am a true City Girl!. I loved the sounds, the people, the constant activities, I JUST LOVE EVERYTHING!!
Shea and I at the Space Needle!
Rayleen, Angie and I at the Science Museum!
Pete and I went and saw Beatle's Love at Cirque Du Soleil
If only I could be as cool as the Beatles!
We were 3rd row from the front at Blue Man Group!
Possibility of getting wet...
Jake Moore and I!
After 11 years we happened to both be in Vegas!
Pete Rose and I!
Baseball I got signed for Jake!
After I got back from Vegas, I had a few days filled with Wedding Receptions and laundry. Then I got to watch Wes participate in the Special Olympics Alaska Summer Games. But I didn't just get to watch, I volunteered. It is one organization that I feel is very important and volunteer at whenever I can. Wes did such a great job. He got a participation ribbon, a couple of bronze medals, and a silver medal! I am so proud of him. He was so excited to be there and did an amazing job!
We are so proud of Wes!
Such a Proud Sister!
Wes took Bronze in his Field Events!
Volunteering for Special Olympics Alaska Summer Games!









No comments:
Post a Comment