I've thought a lot about this the past few days. I have thought about how many times I tell myself I can't do something. The funny thing is this year at school I've caught myself telling the students "Don't say you can't, instead just try!"
Wow!!!! Ironic isn't it. Time after time I let my own fears get in the way of simply trying. I'm tired of being the one thing that stands in my way. I'm tired of being afraid. Eleanor Roosevelt said, "Do the thing you think you cannot do". As Elder Scott said, "We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to be". I want to be a better person all around. So in order to do this I know I need to consistently try to be better.
My past has shaped who I am today, all my experiences, my thoughts and my beliefs. It is interesting to think and reflect on the idea that I am right where the Lord planned for me today.
I may be where the Lord planned for me to be but the bigger question is.... Am I WHO the Lord planned me to be?
~Trish

No comments:
Post a Comment