The "Sounds" of Christmas
~Kids giggling and laughing
~New baby crying
~Jingle bells and Salvation Army ringers
~Roxy barking
~TV/xbox on
~Christmas music
~People talking
~Texting on phone
~"I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" playing on the radio
~Southern Accents
The "Sights" of Christmas
~My Family- Nugent & Ramos side
~4 different airports and airplanes
~Gingerbread men and house
~Christmas tree
~Christmas lights
~Presents under the tree
~Interstate 10
~Alabama and Florida
~Sears Portrait Studio
~Wrinkles and Scooter
~3 mac computers lined up all being used
The "Smells" of Christmas
~Gingerbread
~Turkey
~Coconut
~Fresh baked cookies
~Pizza baking in the oven
~Shepherd's Pie
~New Baby smell
The "Touch" of Christmas
~Bubble Wrap
~Wrapping Paper
~Ribbon
~Tape
~Sticky icing and candies
~Fuzzy PJ's
~Soft Baby Skin
~Sticky Toddler Skin
~Roxy's soft hair
The "Taste" of Christmas
~Turkey
~Pumpkin Pie
~Coconut Macaroons
~Chocolate Chip Cookies
~Hot Apple Cider
One of my favorite memories from my trip to Alabama....
I was in the car driving with mom and we were talking about my favorite silly Christmas song, "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas" and she said she hadn't heard it yet. I was reminded how last year she called into the radio station and dedicated it to me and had it play as I drove home from Anchorage where I worked. As the song playing ended and the next one started I started to giggle and laugh. That song was our song, and as we sang about hippo's and chimney floo's, I couldn't help but smile and look at mama. We were on our way to do a little Christmas shopping and as we got to the store and went down the christmas ornament aisle, what was there? A Hippo on skies! I just had to have it! So I bought it!! This year I got my very own "Hippopotamus" for Christmas!

No comments:
Post a Comment