I'm ten days into the new year and I'm having a really difficult time narrowing down or even yet coming up with resolutions or goals for myself for 2010.
As a joke I told some friends on New Years that my resolution was to not date in 2010. Hahaha..... RiiiiiiGHT. That was never an actual goal, more just a joke, well sort of. I think I'm going to look at dating differently. I'm not going to date anyone that isn't "worth" it or that doesn't meet my standards or expectations; but who knows I haven't given it too much thought. I know that I don't want a relationship right now, sure I have my overall goal of getting married someday and having a family. However, I really don't think it's the right time for me or that I'm going to find what I'm looking for here, but I don't know what HF has planned for me.
I have the typical church goals of daily scripture study and prayer, going to the temple at least once a month, be more active/social in church activities. Of course that isn't going to well. I'm kinda of at a stand still with my personal growth. I am having a really hard time picking up my scriptures and studying them. THere are so many times I feel that my prayers are not being answered that I naturally just give up. I don't know, I need the motivation and more importantly I need the push.
I'm not gonna kid myself in making an exercise goal. I guess it would be more of a have a healthy lifestyle including that in which I eat. Ironically as I write this I have a batch of brownies baking in the oven, hmmm, i'll start that one tomorrow?!
There has also been an idea playing in the back of my mind for a month or two. It relates to something that happened last spring. Once I found out my parents were going to be moving down south I had a huge decision to make, do I stay in Alaska or do I move also. Well, after lots of praying and reflecting on my life, I decided I needed a blessing for guidance. It was after this blessing when I was talking to Brother Roberts and he told me that "I can't take care of everyone else, that I have to take care of myself" that I knew I had to stay in Alaska. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I had no idea what it was I was supposed to do here, what it was I was supposed to learn, but the Spirit very clearly told me there was something I needed to do/learn here. Well over the past 9 months I have come to learn many important and valuable lessons. I strongly feel that I have learned what it was I was supposed to learn here. Now, as I reflect on my life and where I'm going, I really don't know if Alaska is where I am supposed to be. The idea of moving is continually popping up in the back of my mind. Where to? I really don't know. I suppose it goes back to that relationship with HF that I really need to work on. Don't worry updates on this will follow, I have at least 6 months till I would move.
So, needless to say I really don't know what my 2010 goals are. I still don't have a FT teaching job, that is going to be as they come available I do everything I can to get one. I don't have a boyfriend- well as one comes available I'll work on that too :-P (I do have a blind date next Saturday, but I'm not counting any chickens) I have no idea what I am doing in my life. Each time I think I figure it out, whoosh- another curve ball. So, I am taking suggestions, ideas, words of advice, anything to help guide me in this game called LIFE.
Maternity Pictures
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment