Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Friday Night Fun!

For the first time in a long time, I went on a date with someone my own age. It doesn't sound like that big of a deal but it really is. Surprising considering I'm in Alaska where the reported male to female ratio is 10:1.

It's all rather interesting how it came about. We've met before, crossed paths a few times, but hadn't hung out at all. So thanks to our mutual friend Facebook we became friends and decided to get together.

It was up to me to decide what we were going to do. I decided hockey! You can never go wrong with hockey! The Alaska Aces were playing Idaho, and it was perfect. We could see all the action on the rink and weren't surrounded by too many people. There were  a few great punches thrown. Although the cowbell in the ear was a little excessive, but I think I finally got all hearing capabilities back in my right ear.

We then spent the rest of the night talking and laughing into the wee hours of the morning,  along with making the most delectable nachos ever, and just getting to know each other more. There was even an attempt to get my fingers to move in positions they just weren't meant to in order to play the guitar!  And you can't forget laughing to "hide your children, hide your wife" and "peace and blessings, peace and blessings".


I can honestly say it was the best first date I've been on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment