Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Life Experience Gained From Dating

I've been dating since I was 15 years old. Surprisingly never a lot of casual dating but since the divorce, I have had the opportunity to. I have also had the opportunity to be in relationships. Between High School, College, Marriage, and the ever so different YSA dating scene I have learned a lot. I have gained more  "life experience" especially in the relationship category. I've taken some time to reflect on some of these experiences and have comprised an ongoing list of things I've learned from dating.....


1. Don't ever go on a blind date.
2. Don't believe a guy who compares you to an animal.
3. The break up diet, although not healthy, works wonders on your figure.
4. Distance does not make the heart grow fonder.
5. A person should know how to prioritize.
6. Healing comes quicker when you cut off ALL ties and connections with the other person.
7. If the person you are in a relationship with talks to a member of the opposite sex longer on the phone then they you do, BE WARNED.
8. Don't trust a guy who literally sweeps you off your feet.
9. Summer flings can be fun but they are still hard in the end.
10. Date someone who is willing to plan a date, even if you don't go on it.
11. There are some people you can talk to about anything, that you have tons of chemistry with, but they still won't see you "that" way.
12. Date someone who will make you laugh and smile, not cry.
13. It's completely impossibly to find someone who won't ever hurt you, so go for someone who will make the pain worth while.
14. Like the family of the person you are dating.
15. Be with a person who makes you strive to be a better person.
16. Know how to balance a relationship, work, and all other responsibilities.
17. Quality time is better than more time.
18. It doesn't matter what you do, as long as it's quality time together.
19. If you're going to talk on the phone, don't be distracted by doing something else like calculus.
20. Hugs, holding hands, and sweet kisses go a long way.
21. Respect the other persons feelings and needs. Don't ignore them.
22.  Tell the person you are dating how much they mean to you.
23. The month of April NEVER brings good things for a relationship, so just go ahead and skip the month.
24. Actions are just as important as words.
25. Even if a girl says she doesn't like flowers or little gifts, deep down she still longs for them ever once in a while.
.
.
.
.
.
.

to be continued I'm sure.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you Trish <3 I have to agree with every point. I'm gonna have to save this list and keep it in mind throughout the dating ups and downs I have ahead of me. Love ya girl! :]

    ReplyDelete