Abraham Lincoln once said, "The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time". I've always looked at life this way. I TRY to take things slow, day by day because that is all the time I know that I actually have at this particular moment. But what is time? Time is the passing of moments, however big or little that make up the memories of one's life. These moments often fly by unnoticed. Often we don't take the time to stop and reflect on the memories we have made or the goals we have in front of us for our future.
For the past few months I have thought a lot about my future and dating situation or lack thereof. I have thought about how my expectations of people, especially men, are set extremely high. I have set the bar high in hopes to find that absolutely amazing man. I don't want to settle for anything less than everything, and I certainly don't plan to either. However, what I've recently found is that when the possibility of something great and amazing, such as that absolutely amazing man comes along, timing is not on my side.
Good things have happened to me in my life, don't get me wrong. But when the possibility of something great may happen, inevitably something ends up being in the way. Timing is just not right. Sometimes I wish I could just be handed that pretty, little silver platter we all love and be told, "Here you go, enjoy!". But no, instead it seems to be dangled right in front of me within my reach but I am told if I want something I am going to have to really work and continue to wait for it. I know that I have been promised great things if I am patient. I know I must show faith in God, and to show faith in God is to also show faith in his timing.
With that in mind, I will continue to take each day one at a time, keep my bar raised high and do what I can to make time our friend.

No comments:
Post a Comment