Today I watched one of my favorite chick flicks, Letters to Juliet. It is set in Verona, Italy- the beautiful city where Romeo first met Juliet. In Verona, there is a place where the heartbroken leave notes asking Juliet for her help. It is there that aspiring Sophie finds a 50 year old letter that will change her life forever. She sets off on a romantic journey of the heart with the letter's author, Claire, now a grandmother, and her handsome grandson. On this journey is where they all will discover that sometimes the greatest love story ever told is their own.
In the movie there is a quote that says.... "What" and "If" are two words as non-threatening as words can be. But put them together side-byside and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life: What if? What if? What if?"
What and If ARE two of the most non-threatening words but when you put them together they can haunt you. I have had my fair share of "what ifs" but I now find it more important to live each life, one day at a time. Seize the opportunities that each day brings and to try and not look back with regrets. It is the latter that seems to be my biggest problem. I often over analyze situations and wonder what I should have done differently or if I could have done things differently. However, I am getting to the point of saying to myself that I can't give myself those expectations, I can only give myself the opportunities for today.
Maternity Pictures
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment