I've been struggling lately with a variety of things along the lines of Moral Discipline. The issues range in such a degree, some of them major and some of them so minor. However, they are all still things I need to work on.
Often my friends and I all get together and watch a movie. I didn't grow up with the no rated R movies so I've seen them. I own a lot of them. But as we are picking movies it has hit me lately how I need to be more like them. I need to raise my standard because do I really need the images and the messages presented in them in my head? Am I calling the spirit into my home? Something to think about.
I have also been thinking about other situations in my life that keep occurring that I need to reflect on, act upon, or even possibly not act upon. I wish there were a simple answer to the issues, problems, situations that come up, but there isn't. I need to rely more on the spirit, especially lately when I know I shouldn't be doing something, yet I continue to do it. I have my standards, my moral compass, I just need to use it and look at it more often.
It's interesting how I've been struggling with these things lately and all of today's messages were about moral discipline and how to let virtue garnish my thoughts. Couldn't have come at a better time.
"Let Virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God" (D&C121:45).
Maternity Pictures
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment