So I've realized I haven't written in such a long time. Not a lot has happened but what has happened is fabulous.
In April my family completed their trip back to the beautiful state of Alaska. If you don't recall they spent the winter months in Alabama with my brother and his family. In March they started their long journey home. Much to my surprise they got home a week early. I had talked to them on the phone and they said they were 100 miles south of Tok and would be home the following afternoon. After a few minutes I had this gut feeling that they weren't being quite honest. Of course my mother, bless her heart, is not the greatest judge in distance or direction so she very well could have been telling the truth. Needless to say a couple hours later I see them round the corner. It has been a true blessing to have them home. I have enjoyed their company, the conversations, the laughs and even a few tears.
May brought the end of the school year. I'm still attempting to get a full time contract. Today I got the dreaded phone call that I wasn't selected for the position. For the three jobs I interviewed for there were hundreds of applicants. Each of the principals told me that it was close and a very tough decision. They all said I had the highest recommendation and that they wished they had another position they could higher me for. It's nice to hear these things however at the same time I know I'm not getting the contract, I'm back to square one and its frustrating. Today mom and I were sitting at the kitchen table talking after I heard the feedback and she did make me laugh. She said that it's possible that Heavenly Father's plans are to keep me available for a man. That perhaps I am meant to move away somewhere with him. I giggled and said not likely but I'll keep my options open.
I've had the blessing of being able to attend a Temple session at least once a month. I wish I could go daily. I am working on going more often. President Thomas S. Monson said, "What a privilege it is to be able to go to the temple, where we may experience the sanctifying influence of the Spirit of the Lord". I have noticed the blessings in my life that regular temple attendance brings. I see the desire in myself to be a better person, a desire to bring others to the temple with me, the desire to feel closer to my Father in Heaven. It is my wish that each of you may feel the sanctifying influence of the Spirit of the Lord in your own life as I have felt in mine!
Maternity Pictures
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment