My family was sealed for Time and All Eternity in the Alaska Temple. It was a day that we never really thought nor imagined would really happened. It was something we hoped would happen "someday". Well that someday came... yesterday, September 18, 2010!
One of the things that President Christenson talked about was the Alaska State Flower, the Forget Me Not. Some of things he told us were so simple and I want to share them.
He talked about Genealogy. This is something I started to do this past summer for the Ramos/Reyes side of the family. As I have searched for family members I have come found six or seven generations on my grandma Ramos' side of the family. President Christenson said that our ancestors are waiting on the other side saying "forget us not". They are waiting patiently waiting for us to do their work for them so they can return to HF exalted.
He also talked about out posterity. Future generations will be blessed by the choices we are making now. They will be blessed because of the decision we have made to be sealed together in the covenant.
Lastly, I liked how he talked about how the Lord is always saying "forget me not". We need to remember to always keep Jesus Christ in the Sure place. In our heart and make him the center of our lives.
Although these statements were simple, they are truly profound. As we reflect on these simple truths, we should remember three simple words.... FORGET ME NOT.


No comments:
Post a Comment