I have been truly blessed by the Lord. I have been give so much for which I am thankful. As I've pondered and thought about all that I am thankful for, I am reminded of a quote that says, "What and If are two words as non-threatening as words can be. But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life: What if?" Now you're probably thinking What and If have nothing to do with what I'm thankful for, but I am reminded of this quote because the two words Thank and You are also two non-threatening words. However, when you put them together, they have the power to bless you for the rest of our life.
Lately I've found myself praying more thanking Heavenly Father for the blessings he has most graciously bestowed upon myself and my family. I've thanked Him for the blessings that I've received and even those in which I'm unaware of. I've noticed lately that I've been more balanced, less emotional, more in tune with the Spirit and overall a lot happier. I've spent a lot of time pondering where my life is headed. I've pondered agency and the freedom to choose what to do. I've been blessed by knowing Heavenly Father's plan and that I am a truly beloved daughter of God.
Today in Sacrament meeting, we closed by singing the song Know This, That Every Soul is Free. As I sat there and sang, the words resonated through every inch of my being and my heart filled with so many emotions.
Know this, that ev'ry soul is free.
To choose his life and what he'll be;
For this eternal truth is giv'n:
That God will force no man to heav'n.
He'll call, persuade, direct aright,
And bless with wisdom, love, and light,
In nameless ways be good and kind,
But never force the human mind.
Freedom and reason make us men;
Take these away, what are we then?
Mere animals, and just as well
The beasts may think of heav'n or hell.
May we no more our pow'rs abuse,
But ways of truth and goodness choose;
Our God is pleased when we improve
His grace and seek his perfect love.
"Daily I seek his perfect love." "Daily I am blessed with wisdom, love and light." These two particular lines just echoed through me and have really made me question a lot of things today. I feel there are many changes coming my way and it is now my time to prepare for them. Whatever these changes may be, I will prepare myself and know that I have not been forced and it is all through agency that I have chosen to follow the path set before me. It is with faith, diligence and heed that I move forward with gratitude for all that I have been given, and that which I will be given. It's time to follow your heat, but be quiet for a while first. Ask questions, then feel the answer. Learn to trust your heart.

No comments:
Post a Comment