Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Haven't Met You Yet

I had a great night tonight. I drove into Anchorage to attend Institute. Afterwards I was chatting with Brother Bacon about life in general, and at one point we were talking about dating. I mentioned that there are some very good guys. He looked at me and the "DUH" moment came when I said, "they just aren't good enough". It was one of those moments I just realized that I can only laugh at my "dating" situation or lack there of. So, that is what I did, I laughed and Brother Bacon smiled and said, "now that's the right attitude, just laugh about it"!

That physical act of laughing was such a relief. I was able to let things go, and I could actually see the bright side of things for a change. I've been rather frustrated the past few months (ok the last year) and it brought some much needed perspective, calmness and focus back into my life.

Then as I was driving home, not much to my surprise the song "Haven't Met You Yet" came on. So I  turned it up and sang along all the while, laughing at my "dating situation".



I'm not surprised, not everything lasts

I've broken my heart so many times, I stopped keeping track

Talk myself in, I talk myself out

I get all worked up, then I let myself down



I tried so very hard not to lose it

I came up with a million excuses

I thought, I thought of every possibility



And I know someday that it'll all turn out

You'll make me work, so we can work to work it out

And I promise you, kid, that I give so much more than I get

I just haven't met you yet



I might have to wait, I'll never give up

I guess it's half timing, and the other half's luck

Wherever you are, whenever it's right

You'll come out of nowhere and into my life

No comments:

Post a Comment