I woke up this morning extremely happy. After a fantabulous evening and a night filled with great dreams, I woke up excited. I was excited to see what today would bring. Each day is a gift and I am trying to live life acknowledging the blessings in my life.
So I woke and it wasn't more than ten minutes into the day and my mom is yelling at me that I don't help around the house. What the heck. She was saying how on Monday I didn't help clean the house. Oh my goodness, I wanted to just flip out, so maybe I did a little bit. Monday I vacuumed the carpets, shampooed the carpets, swept all the floors while the entire time I did this with a massive migraine and extreme back pain. Did I complain then, no I did not. I did the work. When I realized I had reached my physical limitations and had over done it I went to bed. Which is worse, Trish crabby as all heck because she was miserable, or sleeping and trying to alleviate the pain? Well obviously it was the sleeping and not helping out.
Sometimes I feel like my mom is a walking contradiction. She does the same thing. I love my mom and respect her dearly, but seriously come on. So then I cleaned the bathroom this morning, tried to put all of our junk in my room so it's not floating around the house, put all ten pairs of shoes in my room, vaccumed the floors (again) and she just looked at me the entire time with this disapproving look on her face. Like I'm only doing it because she told me too. Ugh, can I just not do anything right???
I've learned over the years to suck it up and just do it, but then of course there is no winning. It seems to be a lose-lose situation. If I do something just because it needs to be done, I get the "you should have done that sooner". If I wait to be told to do it I get the "I shouldn't have to tell you to do something". There is no winning.
So it's a continual cycle of frustration and anxiety of feeling like I'm not doing anything right. Why we can't all work together and get it done, so that nobody is doing all the work... So that we are all partaking in the work and can all enjoy the benefits of being done in the end. I have found that it's more fun, much simpler, and quicker when you do things, like cleaning, together.

No comments:
Post a Comment