One incident however comes to mind. I had the "pleasure" of having to interact with someone in my past for a brief 20 minutes or so one particular night. It was frustrating and emotional to say the least. Being away from family and my Alaskan friends I was rather distraught and needed some major comforting. I was able to call Jenn, the one friend here in Alaska who actually understands and can bring me back down to reality concerning the situation. We talked for a bit and then we prayed. Both of us on our knees, phones to our ears, thousands of miles between us, but our Heavenly Father surrounding us both in comfort and love. I thought a lot that night about life and the power I give other people to control my emotions. I vowed that I would no longer allow them to control me. I would from that point forward live each day one at a time, and not give anybody the power to make myself angry, upset, or sad. Only I had that power and I wasn't going to give in. I vowed to have fun, be happy, make friends and see the blessings that life has to offer. I came back from Minnesota with a new outlook on life. With a new perspective and a new goal.
GOAL: Take each day one at a time and make the most of it. Don't allow others to control my emotions and have fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment