Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Friday, July 31, 2009

What a Touching Daddy Daughter Moment

So dad needed to run some errands today and since he was in a state of "druggedupiness" he asked me to take him. I agreed and figure it would be a great time to chat with him about some of the things going on in my life. Hmmm, boy was I in for an adventure. 

First some background information is needed. Dad has a jeep. A very fun jeep that I personally like to play around in. Mind you when I drive it I am responsible and fill it up with gas. The last time I used it, it had over half a tank of gas so I didn't feel the need to fill it up. So anyways, we got in the jeep and started the ten minute drive to town. I noticed the gas was low but assumed (my first mistake) that there was enough gas in the jeep to get us around town to do our errands and then to the gas station. We got to town, we ran our errands and as were were on KGB I looked at dad and said and I quote "Didn't mom teach you to never let the gas get below a quarter tank?" and he quickly replied "you mean a half a tank!" Only seconds later, the jeep jerked and puttered to a stop on the side of the road. I looked at my dad in disbelief and we both just laughed. So I called mom and told her that dad did it again, that we were sitting on the side of the road out of gas on KGB. I looked at him and shook my head.  Needless to say we didn't get much of our father-daughter chat in.

So while we were sitting there waiting for mom to come to our rescue I text Daniel and this is how the conversation proceeded...


T: So my father likes to leave his jeep on empty and we are now sitting on the side of the road waiting for mi madre.

D: Are you with your dad or is he just the absent culprit?

T: We are together! We were just talking about how he leaves it on empty and I was going to stop for gas...This is the second time this has happened to me!

D: Lol i'm trying not to laugh but :-)

T: We are both laughing, so it's ok

D:What a touching daddy daughter moment








No comments:

Post a Comment