When I woke up this morning and was lying in bed contemplating getting up or pressing snooze one more time, I clicked on this app. Today's scripture was Alma 38:12, "Use boldness, but not overbearance; and also see that ye bridle up your passions, that ye may be filled with love; see that ye refrain from idleness." A great quote, lots to gain and lots to ponder.
Then I moved over to todays talk. It was by Elder Russell M. Nelson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, "We who bear the holy priesthood have a sacred duty to honor our sisters. We are old enough and wise enough to know that teasing is wrong. We respect sisters- not only in our immediate families but all the wonderful sisters in our lives. As daughters of God, their potential is divine. Without them, eternal life would be impossible. Our high regard for them should spring from our love of God and from an awareness of their lofty purpose in His great eternal plan."
What an interesting combination. I'm still pondering this and feel this is something I will continue to think about days, weeks and months to come. I know my first few impressions and I am personally struggling with the thoughts that come to mind when I think about the initial connection I made between the two. We'll have to wait and see what comes out of it.


No comments:
Post a Comment