Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Saturday, June 5, 2010

True Love Waits

Late last night I was reading my scriptures and Genesis 29 kept popping in my head. Now some background information... I am definitely not a scholar of the scriptures, so I had no idea initially what this passage was about. However, I soon realized I have read it before. So I'm laying in bed and turn to Genesis 29. I started reading and get to verses 18-20:

And Jacob loved Rachel; and said, I will serve thee seven years for Rachel thy younger daughter. And Laban said, It is better that I give her to thee, than that I should give her to another man: abide with me. And Jacob served seven years for Rachel; and they seemed unto him but a few days, for the love he had to her.

I pondered these verses for quite a while last night before bed and wondered how they were to pertain to my life. When I thought about it I was able to compare myself to 'Jacob'. Perhaps it is a stretch because I do not have someone I am waiting for but there is someone out there, that I am certain of.  Although I don't know who Heavenly Father has in store for me to marry, I know that if I wait, be it seven years or however long, it will be worth it. Just as Jacob's long wait was worth it for him since he loved Rachel so much. I know that with Heavenly Father's help, this wait will seem unto me but a few days because true love is worth the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment